Thursday, November 15, 2018

These $400 Vegan Shoes Are Made Of Coffee

There have been no shortage of coffee-shoe collaborations over the past few years. I know this because I’ve struck out copping a free pair through not-so-subtle pandering on no less than three occasions. But it’s fine, whatever, I’ve found a new tack: not-so-subtly pandering for a free pair of shoes that ARE coffee.

According to VegNews, a German engineer by the name of Sebastian Thies recently debuted a brand new line of sneakers featuring an “upper made of up to 50 percent coffee grounds sustainably sourced from various regions.” It’s the lastest release from Thies’ nat-2, “a luxury state of the art footwear brand based in Munich, Germany,” per the company’s website.

For the Coffee Line, Thies—a sixth generation shoemaker “from one of the oldest shoe-dynasties in Europe”—is using on eco-friendly, 100% vegan components; along with the reused coffee, the shoe incorporates recycled PET bottles, cork insoles, glue “free from animal products,” real rubber, and “signature reflective glass details.” The unisex Coffee Line comes in both low- and high-top versions, both with just a faint smell of coffee. Finally, shoes you don’t have to worry about spilling coffee on (I think it only makes them stronger)!

It’s a good thing, too, because a pair of nat-2’s Coffee Line sneakers runs a cool €390.00 ($441 USD). The shoe’s first run has already sold out, so I couldn’t buy a pair even if I had the money to. Which I don’t. I guess I’ll just have to wait for the second release to get that free pair of shoes I’ve decided I deserve, right Sebastian. Sebastian?

Zac Cadwalader is the news editor at Sprudge Media Network and a staff writer based in Dallas. Read more Zac Cadwalader on Sprudge.

*all photos via nat-2

The post These $400 Vegan Shoes Are Made Of Coffee appeared first on Sprudge.



from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8200593 http://sprudge.com/these-400-vegan-shoes-are-made-of-coffee-138246.html

No comments:

Post a Comment